Friday, October 29, 2010

Dead tired~

Yeah... Finally, the busy busy exciting week is over!
Gosh... Can't imagine how I survived the past week, just like that! :D

Basically we had the first ever APAC CS Management conference in the Singapore office! And I was excited to be part of the team and event, though I'm so very the new to the team... LOL... It was a nice and great chance to see the site leads from the APAC region and learnt a lot from one another... Ok, let me go through some events in details....

Day 1 - 25 Oct
The first day of the conference. Pretty nervous and excited to meet the team. Finally did so at 9am when the conference officially started. Was not as scary as I thought it to be. :) We also had guests and manager speakers from Irvine, US and it was a great chance meeting everyone and introducing ourselves. I was pretty nervous as I knew the US snr mgr had not wanted to hire me for this post, but I was hired for it ultimately.
After work, I asked and seems like Laura from Sydney & Jisoo from Korea were interested to visit the Night Safari, so I went along to their hotel in the minibus and waited for them to freshen up. Nice chat with Jisoo in her room and she's super frenly! Walked to Far East Plaza for dinner and ordered local food for them, which they find delicious. Dinner was done and there were lots of laughters, before we took a cab to Night Safari. Embarrassed to say, but it's my first time there too.. Super dark and practically can't see anything much. The tram ride brought us around most times as most areas were "out of bounds" to walking tourists and visitors. Wrapped up the night at about 10 plus and we took a cab back.

Day 2 - 26 Oct
I think practically everyone's really tired, so we din have any event after work today. Good chance for me to slip home to catch up on my beauty sleep... Hee

Day 3 - 27 Oct
This is a very exciting day for me! Yes, me... Becoz I'm doing a presentation cum training for the IT applications we use in Broadcom a lot. Though I'm super familiar with it and have no issues, but becoz the Irvine Snr Mgr was in there too, I was extremely nervous, plus.. I've a fear of giving presentations and speaking out loud to more than 10 ppl...
The session was scheduled for an hour, but we overran by more than an hour coz of the number of questions I had from the team and assisting them to setup the application on their laptops. Phew, the big rock in my heart is now thrown into the deep deep sea, and finally a good nite sleep after so many days.
We also had team dinner at No Signage Seafood in Vivocity. 2 tables and 16 people in total. Hee hee... The food is not that fantastic, still prefers Jumbo. :P But it was a great nite for almost everyone else, drinking and making fun etc. I stayed clear of alcoholic drinks and sticked to my chinese tea... hee... Will upload pics when I have the chance to copy back the photos... :D
Took more team photos at the scenic views in Vivo and some were super funnie~. Ended the nite at almost 11 and thanks to Rick for sending me and Kim home~ The taxi queue in Vivo, is super scary, even on a weekday nite...

Day 4 - 28 Oct
Official last day of the conference. Had long meetings in the mornings and lots of things for me to note, since I'm so new to the dept. But we managed to wrap everything up as scheduled at 2pm and packed up. Then we're off to team building~ Hee... Go where team building and do wat? We went back to Vivo again! Becoz the team was really amazed by Vivo and the cable car ride and Sentosa etc...
First, we went to Marina Bay Sands for the sky bridge. Super nice... Took quite a bit of photos here as well. Strolled around the place and enjoyed the scenic views, before we head off to Vivo. From Vivo, we took the cable car to Sentosa (complimentary from Canon). Not as exciting as I thought it to be... Yes, it's also my first cable car ride ever! Reached a 5 star hotel in Sentosa (din note the name) for the Canon event and we were all given the red red Canon Jap style "jacket" to wear. The dim sum is super nice and we ate lots of them... LOL... Thanks to my mgr for being so thick skinned and kept asking for more... haha... Left the place by bus at about 7.45pm. Super tired by then.
Went back to Vivo and the rest took sometime to do some last min shopping. Iris and myself headed to a souvenir store and bought some little gifts for everyone, since most of them brought so food and souvenirs from their countries for us! It was a pretty warm scene when we said our goodbyes. The ladies hugged one another and the guys shook hands. Of coz the ladies shook hands with the guys.. LOL... Again, called for a cab back home... super tired and reached almost 11pm again~

I think we took quite a fair bit of photos and shall upload some when I dun feel so lazy~

No comments:

Post a Comment