Monday, January 3, 2011

First post for 2011 - I got my license! :)

Happy 2011 to everyone!
I'm so happy my 2011 started off so well, with my first goal achieved successfully! :D

Took my driving test today and was unable to sleep well the past 2 nites. In fact, on Sat nite, no sleep at all as was playing cashless mahjong with Corina and her 2 pri skool frens - Wanqing and En En. Then last nite was really because I felt super gan chiong for my driving test today, so I can't sleep despite being so tired...

My warm up was supposed to start at 1045 this morning but I arrived at BBDC at 1015. Printed my allocation slip and proceeded to the information counter. The gal informed me "Car 153, take a seat in the video room first". I proceeded to the room but there were a few people who were there watching the graduation video, so I took a seat outside there... At that point of time, my nervous system almost broke down! I dunno why, I still feel so so so nervous!

The warm up was supposed to start at 1045 sharp but because we were told out of the 7 of us, only 2 of our test cars were in BBDC so the rest of us had to wait. And I was the last whose test car came back at 11am. By this time, my nervous state went from 40-60! I saw my group G8030 lead, Sim and he talked to me. Initially I thought he will take me for the warm up, but nope, not him. And my warm up.. I sort of screwed it up, made quite a few unthinkable mistakes which I think I shouldn't even make.. Eg: Cannot differentiate number 6 & 7 and cannot do reverse left turn properly for parallel parking... And heng that was only the warmup and the instructor who took me was nice and trying to calm me down... hahaha.... Only after my test I was told by Sim that he was supposed to take me for my warm up, but the other instructor has requested to take me, so he took another gal for warm up. Haha...

While in the circuit, my tester wound down the window and was trying to catch the attention of one tester just besides us, informing him that I'll b late for the test as my warmup was delayed... But as it turned out, I completed everything pretty fast and went back to the centre 5 mins before the test started at 11.45.

My name was last second to be called out for the test and my tester seems pretty nice. A Malay old man. We greeted each other and walked to the car. I'm not sure why, my nervous state went from 80-90 down to about 50 once we are in the car. But that's a good sign. I did everything nice nice and completed the test within 20 mins. No E-brake! Only obstruction was when we were at Bt Batok Ave 3, it's only 1 lane and there's one big lorry parking there... Somemore it's a double white solid line as divider, so not supposed to overtake the lorry.. But in this case, no choice, so no other way out, so I overtook the lorry after looking at the tester... hahaha... Sim and the instructor who took me for the warm up were anxiously waiting for me to exit from the TP room to see how I did... Sim said he saw my car 153 back in centre long ago, but can't find me.. hahaha.. Acually I was the last 2nd out of the 11-12 ppl take test to be called out, but I was the first to get back to BBDC.. >.<

I told him I passed with only 2 points and he super happy for me, almost jumped up! Oops.. I guess all were relieved coz before the test I was super cmi! On the way back to the centre, the tester started chatted with me and at that point, I already knew.. I should have done pretty well... He started by asking me if this is my first driving attempt and if I drove any vehicles before this. Also asked how many practical lessons I went for... Then he asked if I took leave today for the test and which company I working for and as a what.. At that point, I know high chance pass liao. But just din expect myself to get only 2 points. From what I heard, usually tester will have a piece of paper and if u make any mistake, he will "award" you points. Not sure if it's specific to myself or this tester, he din take out any paper to write anything throughout.

When we reached the centre, all he said is "Park behind that black car, turn off engine and go back to test room to wait for me". That's all... I was nervous again at this point of time!!! I was pretty surprised as I was the first one to come back from the test, despite being the 2nd last to go out. He came back to me about 5 mins later with a slip of paper and said "Congrats, you did very well with no major mistakes. Pls proceed to the room to watch your graduation video at 1240pm before going to level 2 to make your license!". I was super happy and the other people who took the test in the same slot as me could hear my tester's comments and looked envious. I heard 1 tester "scolding" a guy.. coz he almost had an accident and din stop early or do checks... Suddenly I felt so heng to have such a nice tester~

Got everything done by 1.30pm and left the centre. Really thanks heaps to the following instructors who taught me well from fixed group G8030:-
Sim KH (Lead of G8030)
Tsang SY (My fixed instructor for the last few lessons I took. Corrected a lot of my silly mistakes and helped me a lot along the way. Also answered a lot of queries I had in mind... LOL.. Thank you Shaoyang)
Ong HH (Taught me a few times in Stage 3)
Seetho (Although he only taught me once, but he's super nice and funny. Makes driving easier)


Car no 144... The car I took practical for most lessons in BBDC, with instructor Tsang.


My result slip... Tsk tsk.. It's nice to see everything so clean and nice. I saw a few who passed but were "awarded" a lot of points, so basically the first 2 pages were filled with many items.

Horray, I'm now certified to drive! LOL.. Cannot keep my happiness to myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment