Monday, January 4, 2010

Congratulations to Alan & Candy on your wedding!

One of my best buddies, Alan, from Poly got married yesterday! It was really sad that my camera is spoilt, else there'd be many nice nice photos!

From about a year back, Alan already "booked" few of the guys in our class to be his brothers (Kim Suah, Lawrence, Yiming, Kenny & Winston) and both me and Louisa were roped in to the discussion too and provide suggestions. In the end, Louisa ended up as the MC and I, as 1/2 brother and 1/2 sister and overseeing a lot of stuffs. Though tiring, it was really nice and fun to see a good buddy getting married!

On the actual day, Ming took a cab from CCK to my block to fetch me as we were heading to Simei direct to meet the rest. Simei is Candy's home and Alan and the rest of the guys will be heading off from Serangoon where Alan stays. We reached Simei really early at about 7.30am and sat there waiting for the rest of the guys. They arrived early but too bad the make up artist for the bride was late and hence the gatecrash was shorten by a lot of time. The sisters were so sad as they only played 2 games - guessing alan's mother-in-law and putting lipsticks on the guys. Candy's sisters were all her cousins and aged between 14-21. I was basically leading them in almost everything that morning.. LOL...

We had intended to go to Changi beach for more photos, but due to time constraint, only some photos were taken at the park near Alan's home. The morning session was pretty ok and then we headed to Amara Hotel to prepare for the night banquet at bout 2pm. After settling in the room, I met the guys for some food at BK in Amara. The sisters did not want anything so I only packed some food for the couple, before heading to the ballroom to check out the room and recept area. After checking the place and ensure all the stuffs are in place, I had a bath and did my makeup. Alan was kind enough to hire 2 makeup artists for the 5 sisters and Louisa and me. I looked so different I couldn't recognise myself. It was a pity my camera is spoilt. Aragh...

I helped out at the recept area and was glad everything went smoothly and nicely! A sense of satisfaction as I handled without help. Heee... I was also very happy to meet the rest of my poly classmates as it's been at least 3-4 years since we last gathered! By the time the whole banquet ended, it was almost 11pm and then we packed. I was already 12.15am by the time I got home. Thanks Kenny for the ride home! Really appreciate it! Though really tiring, but was glad the whole day went really well and everyone did their part well to make the whole event successfully and so lovely! :) Photos will be up soon once I get them.. tsk tsk...

P.S: Candy's mum is really so cute. She talked a lot with us while the couple went to pray to their ancestors and we waited at Candy's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment