Friday, September 24, 2010

It's firm... I'm moving on~

I've been blabbering about an opportunity in an earlier post.
It's been confirmed today that I will be accepting the new role in the same company and my start date will be on 4 Oct.

Though the pay is not as expected, but there are other compensations that come in place, so I'm trying it out. Other than a higher pay, the title sounds nice too. It was originally named "Training Co-ordinator", but got changed to "Project Manager" instead. :)

Basically what I'd be doing is a totally new role in Asia Pac in the company so though the JD and scope is defined, not very sure on what I'm getting into. I'm feeling anxious, nervous, excited and nerve-wrecking at the same time. Contradicting, isn't it? It'd also mean that I no longer can "switch off" after office hours as I will have a Blackberry and laptop, so I can work remotely after hours, if needed.

I'd be training the Corporate Services dept on the usage of IT softwares and systems as well as planning project scheduling. The scope seems pretty big in the JD and travelling will be required. So let's see how it goes. :) Good luck to myself! :P

And oh, there were some drama and hoo-ha that went on for the past month. When my current manager knows that I might be moving on, she and her bosses created a perm post for me called "IT Supervisor" and asked if I'd like to take it up. It's a really challenging job and I declined it. After my decline, the post got "removed" and this post now no longer exists... :P Not sure what might happen in future and I'm looking forward to it with an open mind~

No comments:

Post a Comment