Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm back and it's Aug!

I'm back from Beijing, China. :)
A very nice and fun trip though it's for work purposes!

First, I was supposed to board SQ805 departing at 4pm yesterday from Beijing back to SG, however due to some unforeseen circumstances (and I din know about it till I read the papers today), the flight was delayed for almost 3 hours... Yes, 3 hours... At about 6.50pm then the flight took off from the Beijing airport. Supposed to arrive in SG before 10pm last nite, but I reached at 12.10am 1 Aug.. So I was in China from Jul to Aug.. Haha... Ok, cold joke. :P

After office hours during weekdays as well as whole of Friday, I was out touring the place and went to some places of interest. Indeed, comparing Beijing and Shanghai, Beijing has more places for me to go to and see see look look. I even went up the Badaling Great Wall on Friday and though it's so foggy, I can't see anything, but it was a very nice experience. At least I've stepped foot on it.. Like what my mum said, a Chinese must go there at least one.. The steps and slopes on the wall are much difficult and steep to conquer. Not as simple as I tot they were. :\ What's impressive is that you can see so many gray haired grandmothers and grandfathers climbing the stairs.. And because it happens to be the summer holiday in China from Jul-Aug, every place of interest is so crowded with people... Phew...

One thing, the weather is really really hot. Just on Friday when I was out in the "sun" whole day, my skin turned so dark on my face, neck n limbs. Almost 40 deg C and I'm not joking. You practically can't see the sun, but it's so humid, just standing there doing nothing for 3 mins, you'll sweat like hell. I think the sweat for Fri itself, surpass the amount of sweat in my whole life. :P Whole shirt was wet... and still sweating non stop. And the air in Beijing in really polluted. :(

Ok, some photos here to share which I took during the trip:


Forbidden city entrance


Forbidden city building












These walls, were said to be the walls those guys who went for imperial exams for but failed and killed themselves by knocking into the walls using their heads.




This one.. I paid $5 to wear the costumes and headwear at 天坛... they also gave a pic with nice frame. It think it's nice and worth it. :)


Full length pic.. I like this :)


Summer Palace... Huge place... Very tiring and I think there are still places we din go to. The bridge shown behind is known as the Marco Polo bridge.


On top of the mountain, there's a thousand hand Guanyin.. Too bad I din have the chance or energy to climb up since this is the last destination of the day.


And oh, this is WangFuJin Jie, basically Singapore's Orchard. That's how the sky looks like, but the temp was 37 deg C... Faint


Frens from Poland... Taken at the entrance of Ming Tombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment