Friday, June 26, 2009

Lassie

Recently, I found that I've a few VCDs which I bought a long time ago, but I din watch them at all. Today, I watched one of these "old" VCDs - a movie by the name of Lassie... It's a very nice and touching show. Towards the end, I even cried 3 times while watching it. "OT" in office for extra 10 mins juz to complete the show....

The story is about a female dog by the name of Lassie. She's a sheepdog, meaning she stays in a farm, helping to look after and herd sheeps. One day, they were transporting Lassie and the sheeps to another farm, when a tragic accident happened and Lassie's owner got killed in a car accident. At the same time, another family was moving to another part of the state and they witnessed the accident. The little gal of the family, Jennifer, got very attached to the dog but the daddy refused to take Lassie in. However, Lassie was fond of the gal and her family too and followed them all the way to the next town where they were resting. It was then that the daddy was persuaded to keep Lassie.

Jennifer's elder bro, Matt was a very defiant teenager, partly coz his mum died and his dad got him a stepmum. The dad wanna move the family to the countryside so that Matt will not b so defiant and hopefully grown up to be a nice man. Originally, Matt really hates Lassie but many instances made me grew close to Lassie and Lassie even saved his life twice - once from the wolves and once from the dam. The whole story is nicely written that towards the end, when Matt tot that Lassie died while saving him, he was so sad and crumbled into his stepmum's hug. But of coz luckily, Lassie, the strong dog made it home a few days later. There she stood outside Matt's classroom... These 2 scenes really made me cry like a waterfall. It's worth watching and very educational I'd say.

Anyway, I've been pretty down the past few days with no sense of motivation. And I was wearing sort of some "lok cork" shirts n pants to office, my colleagues commented that they feel weird seeing me in this attire.. Haha... Mayb I shld wear more of these, so they can get used to it... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment